Building an email list is one of the most important tasks of any online entrepreneur. If someone gives you their email address, it means they consent to you sending them information about your company. This indicates that they are interested and ready to learn more about what you have.
People will only buy when they're ready to buy. Not when you're ready to sell. It is vital to stay in touch with them. Email is the best way to communicate with them on a consistent basis.
These are the five steps that will help you build an email list full of prospects.
1. Your business cannot sell everything to everyone. The more specific you are about your target customer, it will be easier to reach them. Remember that you're selling to one person at a time and not to a whole group. Your marketing efforts will be more effective if you target a smaller group than a larger quality email list provider.
2. Offer something of value for free
It is unlikely that someone in your target audience will give up their email address to you for free. It is important to give them something in exchange. You could offer a high-quality report, checklist, e-book, video training module, or audio file in return. Remember that the quality of your products and services will be determined by what you give away. Your business will be regarded as trash if you give away junk.
3. Now you need to find a way of actually collecting email addresses. An autoresponder, which is list-building software, will be necessary. An autoresponder allows you to manage and capture your email list. An autoresponder will generate an email capture form that you can place on your website's home page. A lead capture page is another way to get email addresses. It is a page that is connected to your autoresponder but is separate from your website. Its sole purpose is to collect email addresses.
4. Set Up Your Autoresponder
It is not a good idea to collect email addresses but do nothing with them. To automatically send your freebie to sign-ups, you need to set up an autoresponder that will send out a series of emails. According to research, most subscribers respond to 7 or more emails before they act. Your autoresponder should be preloaded with helpful emails to create curiosity and a desire to learn more.
5. Get traffic to your email opt-in form.
You must drive traffic to your landing page or website to get people to sign up for your email list. There are two types of traffic. There are two types of traffic: paid traffic and unpaid traffic. You should pay only for traffic that leads to a lead capture page. This traffic is yours and you have the sole purpose of obtaining the visitor's email. To drive traffic to your website, blog or Facebook Group, you can use free website traffic strategies. These pages should contain your opt-in form for your email list or at least a link to your lead capture webpage.